Friday, December 01, 2006

La Borgata in Panama City Beach

Alan Jackson attended the ground breaking of a new development on west Panama City Beach, across from Wild Heron yesterday. The community, La Borgata touts a "Mayberry" style of living. The community will feature luxury 3 bedroom 3 bath condominiums with two salt water, heated resort style pools. LaBorgata.com

This sounds great, and I love to see nice developments coming to this area, but I'm unsure how well a "luxury" development will do right now. Speaking frankly, what this area needs is housing that the locals can afford to purchase.

Still yet, when La Borgata is completed, it will be a great addition to our growing community.

Click here for the News Herald article.

I wish all the luck to Ronnie Gilley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Affordable housing will ALWAYS be an issue in PCB and any resort area. Prices are going to be driven by location. Hourly employees are going to live where they can afford and it's going to be a good 15 or more minutes outside of the resort areas.

I saw this in Breckenridge, Colorado when I lived there. My employees were a 35-40 minute drive on the other side of the pass.

I think we'll see growth for affordable housing in the outlying areas ... we're already seeing that today.

-Kyle Dreier